#35: Responding to Emotion - Navigating Emotional Client Conversations
Episode 35: Responding to Emotion - Navigating Emotional Client Conversations
Today, Josh and Garrett talk about the “softer” side of coaching—beyond the budgets and debt payoff and savings goals, we coaches need to be able to handle the emotions that come up when talking about money!
- Most humans get very uncomfortable with strong emotions (internally or externally!), so we react to other people’s strong emotions by trying to brush them under the rug.
- We cannot and should not change or control other people’s emotions; our job is to sit with our clients in their emotions.
- Our role is to meet clients where they are, and frustration can be one of the most damaging emotions that prevents the coach from doing that.
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow