#42: When is debt good?
Episode 42: When is debt good?
Let’s talk about…debt! Josh and Garrett discuss the practicalities of debt while taking the emotion and value judgments out (hopefully!).
Top 4 takeaways:
- Money today is worth more money than the same amount would be in the future.
- How do you determine if debt is good or bad? Ask “Will my/your financial situation be better or worse at the end of the debt payoff period?”
- Mortgages and student loans both often lead to dramatic wealth-building opportunities (a house where your entire investment, not just downpayment, has probably appreciated over the term of the mortgage OR a degree that hopefully opens up higher-paying job opportunities).
- Debt can be used in highly complex tax or asset management strategies, so be aware that those do exist!
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow