#72: Do you have to file taxes if you didn't earn any income?
Join Josh and Garrett as they discuss taxes! Specifically, taxes in the early stages of your business.
- The government considers you to have a business whether you see it as a side gig/little thing or not.
- If you have $1 more today than you did yesterday, you need to file (perhaps in your own Schedule C, but.).
- If you had expenses and no income OR expenses that were greater than your income, you should file (the losses could offset active income from other sources).
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income.https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow