#75: What is my liability when answering questions in Facebook Groups?
Join Josh and Emily to discuss whether to answer questions in Facebook groups…and if so, what kind of liability could be involved. Disclaimer: As we say numerous times in episode, we are not lawyers and cannot answer exactly what you’re liable for!
- Yes, there is potential for liability when answering questions on Facebook.
- Giving advice online about things you are not licensed to give advice about does create potential for liability.
- Giving factual information WITHOUT BIAS probably does not create potential for liability.
- When it comes to basic budgeting tips and ideas (things that don’t require a license), you probably have pretty limited liability.
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income.https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow