#91: How do you prepare for a known drop in income?
When you’re a new financial coach, “where do I find clients” is always one of the top questions. Today, Josh and Emily discuss what to do to find early clients.
- Put your poker face on! The client probably has lots of emotions…don’t let yours amplify things.
- Ask “why,” “when,” and “how long will it last?”
- Don’t be afraid to tap into an emergency fund–that’s LITERALLY why it’s there.
- Different strategies work better based on whether this is likely to be a short-, medium-, or long-term situation.
- Don’t rush decisions just because you agree with them. Also don’t delay decisions just because you want them to have more savings.
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow