#95: Pros and cons to debt settlement companies
Join Josh and Emily to discuss debt settlement companies. What should you look for, what are pros/cons, what are red flags?
- Some just do things that you could do yourself.
- Look for connections with other reputable organizations or certifications.
- Start by asking what the process will look like–and look for transparency.
- Consider starting with the bank directly before reaching out a debt settlement company–BUT be aware of potential minefields.
- If there is an attorney involved, you should not talk about any of the settlement etc. so you don’t break (have your client break) attorney-client privilege.
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow