#100: The State of Financial Coaching
Join Josh AND Emily AND Amelie as we discuss the State of Financial Coaching! We started with a small survey of Launch members to learn about what kinds of programs various coaches use…next year, we’ll do a more detailed survey and continue sharing these results! Listen in as we look at the results and what takeaways we have that you could apply to your business as well.
- Almost everyone has an initial program of 3 months or less; a few do 6 months.
- People prefer shorter-term commitments.
- Over 50% of respondents do 6 sessions–and the remaining mostly do 4-8.
- Over 60% prioritize client goals and stresses in the first meeting; 93% do something other than “set up a budget.”
- Past the first meeting, results begin to diversify, but tend to start clumping around “niche-specific topic” and “checking in on the budget.”
- Josh feels VERY STRONGLY that scheduling a meeting around “whatever the client wants to discuss” is a bad idea.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow