#103: How do I encourage clients to send me referrals?
Join Josh and Amelie to discuss encouraging clients to send you referrals…AND legality/morality.
- There’s no legal problems but you do lose control of communication when a client refers you, so you don’t know what the referred person is expecting.
- Most professions/certification programs etc. have a ban on paying for referrals.
- Introducing money into the equation can affect whether people actually send referrals or feel icky about it and don’t.
- Stop telling people that you’re busy–it tells people that you’re too busy for more clients or that if you take on more clients, it’ll take your time away from them.
- Casually mention to clients things that keep you busy on weekends and expansion that you’ve been doing. Keep it clear that you’re freeing up more time.
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow