#105: How to teach personal finance to groups of kids
Join Josh and Amelie to discuss teaching personal finance to groups of kids!
- Do NOT take your presentation created for adults and just start using it for kids even if you add in a few memes and make it less complex.
- Do your research into what is applicable to the group (age, demographics, interests etc.)
- You probably won’t get clients out of it.
- Make it interactive and make sure there’s variety–very short lecture pieces.
- Expand your search for curriculum outside of personal finance–find good methodology for teaching your target age group.
- Manipulatives, games, and stories work well for almost all age groups.
- Think about what lessons you’re accidentally teaching.
- NextGen Personal Finance
- Junior Achievement
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow