#110: How we teach our kids about money
Join Josh, Amelie, and Emily to discuss how we talk to our kids about money and how we handle allowances! Emily has a 6-year-old daughter (1st grade), Amelie has an 11-year-old daughter (5th grade) and a 9-year-old son (3rd grade), and Josh has a 6-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter.
- Everything should be tied to childhood development stages.
- Make money relatable and tactile.
- Let your kids make mistakes and regret spending money on things NOW so that they’ll start learning that earlier.
- When thinking about allowance, start with, “What are we trying to teach?”
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow