#80: Avoiding Liability
Join Josh and Garrett as they start off discussing what coaching means and what future regulations may look like, then continue to talking about liability in multiple areas.
- It’s far easier than most of us would expect to accidentally step into law advice.
- Remember how complicated the tax code is, and be VERY cautious when giving tax advice.
- It’s important to be aware of where the liability could be, and be ready to partner with other professionals to work with your clients.
- Some states prohibit any amount of insurance advice without a license.
- You have to pay attention to both the laws of your state AND the laws of your client’s state.
Other related episodes:
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow