#65: How can I best bootstrap my financial coaching business?
Join Josh and Emily as they discuss bootstrapping! What NOT to invest in, what TO invest in, and make sure to check the Resources section of the show notes for all the software recs we have!
- Bootstrapping is the process of starting small and building things through profit from the business.
- If you’re going to meet people in person (many coaches don’t!), see if you can rent an office space from a local CPA, CFP, attorney, etc.
- Spend money on software that adds to the professional experience (Zoom, calendar software).
- Buy simple business cards—no one will keep it forever, but it’s a very cheap way to establish professionalism and increase the chance that people will give you a business card back.
- Spend money on a website. Anything that’s free is a bad idea because the free servers also have sketchy things hosted on the server so your website/email may show up lower on search etc.
Resources mentioned in this article:
- Calendar software: Calendly or Acuity
- Business card design templates: Canva or Vistaprint
- Websites: Wix or Squarespace (avoid Wordpress if you don’t know how to code)
- FCN Podcast episode #11 - What is Marketing vs. Advertising vs. Sales?
- FCN Podcast episode #23 - Investments to make in your business as a new financial coach
- FCN Podcast episode #51 - Sales Promotion Activities
Want help building or growing a successful financial coaching business? Find resources below based on where you’re at in your journey:
- Deciding whether Financial Coaching is right for you? Join our free Facebook Community with over 5000 current and aspiring financial coaches! https://www.facebook.com/groups/financialcoachescommunity
- Already decided you’re going to be a Financial Coach and want to learn more? Get 30+ tips and best practices in our free 8-part email series! https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/pre-launch-email-series
- Ready to Launch your Financial Coaching business? Join FCN Launch, our step-by-step program that will help you successfully launch your business in four months and grow it to a consistent part-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/launch
- Looking for financial coaching software? Sign up for the interest list for FCN MoneyCoach, the premier cash flow analysis software for financial coaches and advisers. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/money-coach
- Are you already coaching clients and want to grow your business to a full-time income? Join FCN Grow, our program that helps you scale your business to a full-time income. https://www.financialcoachesnetwork.com/grow